Sunday 16 June 2013

Sample

Today is Sunday then 16th of June. I went to Andohanfotsy to practice wushu. The kun is in a forest on a hill. To get to the area I took a bus south for about 20 minutes. After a short walk through a street, we crossed a rice paddy before climbing the hill.We practiced outdoors. I was warming up right away. I practiced with a pretty strong guy around my age. He shozed me a form. The we started punching and blocking. This was really fun; I hope to continue, but of course, all depends on the visa.


Yesterday, I went to an Assembly of God church to help with the foundation for an addition. A student named Freddy in my two pm class invited me. Many people who use the church help to renovate the church. I like this custom. I felt welcome and I was very comfortable but for one mishap. The wife of the pastore wants me to come teach English at their church. I dont really have the time since I teach English all week. I want to work with computers, study, and practice martial arts too, so I cannot teach English on Sundays. Also, I was very near Andohanfotsy yesterday.


I tutored Nadia yesterday afternoon. She is a young woman that works for a coalition of civil societies that support the governance of natural resources in Madagascar. One problem she faces is that foreign compines who wish to exploit the resources here have only to make a deal with the government. Since the contents of these deals are never made public, there is no way of ensuring that the government distribute compensation for the locals of an area affected by the exploitation. She is trying to set up a system that requires foreign companies to meet the standards of her alliance before making a deal with the government.
 

I like tutoring Nadia. She tells me about her personal life and she is not prejudiced. She offered to get me help with my visa, building a computer, and a math problem I am struggling to resolve by consulting some of her acquaintances. When she gets tired, she starts to speak in French. This is a problem because she is practicing for a discussion in Germany that will be conducted in English, therrefore there is no garauntee that French will be any use to her there. This will be her first time abroad so I am excited to help her make the journey successful.


Renee is in Tulear setting up a second school. I liked Toliar so teaching there is pretty appealing to me. I am in contact with a policeman about getting the visa. Also, I am preparing the documents that the ministry of interior indicates are necessary. I like teaching alongside Johnathan because he really cares about English. Sometimes he asks me to talk to his classes. I found that even newcomers to SEC are good at English. People here receive education in English from eleven to eighteen years of age.


No comments:

Post a Comment